In our impact science disciplines, we apply deep technical expertise to some of the world’s the most pressing challenges, while advancing the underlying science and creating business and societal value. Our main focus areas are the future of health, climate, and work.
In impact science, we’re aiming to address so of these questions, building on the unique skills, capabilities, and knowledge base that exists in IBM Research and across the company more broadly. We’re relying on our deep expertise in fundamental technologies like AI, the hybrid cloud, data science, data protection and governance, security, and materials science to do so.
We’re working to help companies transition to low-carbon and carbon-capture strategies; to build models on how to more accurately predict and track diseases; and how the world of work will shift as companies begin return to offices. We want to help answer the challenges ahead of us with science.
- Climate and SustainabilityUsing AI and the hybrid cloud to accelerate the discovery of climate mitigation and adaption solutions to respond to the growing global climate emergency.
- Future of FinanceWe're working on core technology innovations that can move at the speed of a transaction for the financial services industry.
- Future of WorkWe're working on smart systems to help businesses prepare for the impending return to the office.
- Healthcare and Life SciencesWe're building systems that can convert reams of health data into useable information for clinicians the world over.
- Deep Dive
- See more of our work on Impact Science