Our researchers seek to answer some of the most fundamental questions. We’re striving for a greater understanding of how our world works and how we can harness that to advance science, mathematics, and computation.
- Computer ScienceWe’re working on automation, information processing, and computation research to complement and extend human performance and advance society.
- Life SciencesOur groundbreaking AI research aiming to solve some of the most important issues humanity faces.
- Mathematical SciencesWe’re focused on foundational mathematical research with the aim of delivering tools to that are fundamental to big data and AI.
- Physical SciencesWe’re using physics to improve AI algorithms and interpretability, as well as novel materials for new computational platforms.
- Responsible TechnologyTechnology impacts every aspect of our work and lives. It is imperative that technology is built responsibly to reduce differential effects on various populations. At IBM Research, we are working to ensure that the technologies we create promote beneficial outcomes for our clients and for the world.
Zichong Li, Yangyang Xu, et al.2022AAAI 2022
Parikshit Ram, Kaushik Sinha2022AAAI 2022
Carlos Pena Monferrer, Samuel Freitas Antao, et al.2021Physics of Fluids
Conrad Albrecht, Fernando Marianno, et al.2021Big Data 2021
Tristan Meynier, Marianna Rapsomaniki2021NeurIPS 2021
Heloisa Caroline de Souza Pereira Candello, Marcelo Carpinette Grave, et al.2021NeurIPS 2021
- See more of our work on Exploratory Science