The Future of AI Models and Infrastructure.
We're witnessing a transition in AI. Narrow systems able to execute specific tasks in a single domain are giving way to broad AI that learns more generally and can work across domains and problems. This shift is being bolstered by foundation models, which are trained on large, unlabeled datasets and fine-tuned for an array of applications. They are transforming how we compute at scale. But we need more innovation in hardware and infrastructure to power and deploy this next generation of AI models. Continuing to rely on conventional infrastructure and processors is simply not scalable — or sustainable.
The 2022 AI Hardware Forum takes place on October 18 at the T.J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, New York.
This event is by invitation only. If interested in attending, please email the IBM Research AI Hardware Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will come together to discuss what's next in foundation models and the challenges in designing AI hardware to support complex and multi-modal workloads. There will be presentations from industry leaders, interactive demos by IBM experts, and a poster session showcasing research from leading universities.
Registration check-in & coffee served in lobby
Welcome remarks, Mukesh Khare (IBM)
RRRahul RamachandranSenior Research Scientist and Manager, Earth Science BranchNASACPCheolmin ParkVice President, Memory Product PlanningSamsungMKMukesh KhareVice President, Hybrid CloudIBM Research
- Building Foundation AI Model to better understand our planet, Rahul Ramachandran (NASA)
- Memory and chiplets architecture for AI compute, Cheolmin Park (Samsung)
Opening Remarks – Jeff Burns (IBM)
JBJeffery BurnsDirector, AI ComputeIBM ResearchDADakshi AgrawalIBM Fellow and CTO, AIIBM ResearchTGTalia GershonDirector, Hybrid Cloud InfrastructureIBM ResearchKMPrincipal Research Staff Member, AI EngineeringIBM ResearchLCLeland ChangPrincipal Research Staff Member & Sr Manager, AI Hardware DesignIBM ResearchFRFredy RabihVP ProductsNeurealityFredyRDMDale McHerronSenior Manager, Process StrategyIBM ResearchJPJames (Jim) PapanuSr. Director, 3DI TechnologyTEL
- Intro to Foundation Models – Dakshi Agrawal (IBM)
- From HPC to Cloud Native Supercomputer Lessons Learned & What is Next – Kaoutar El Maghraoui (IBM) & Talia Gershon (IBM)
- Digital Accelerators for Inference – Leland Chang (IBM) & Fredy Rabih (NeuReality)
- Heterogeneous Integration for AI Chips – Dale McHerron (IBM) & James Papanu (TEL)
IBM Showcases and Demos
- Cores and Architecture
- Analog Elements
- Heterogeneous Integration
- End-Use Testbed
- Infrastructure & Foundation Models
Theme: What’s Next in AI Models and Infrastructure
ICIan CutressChief AnalystMore than MooreJJJay JubranDirector, IBM Cloud Product Management Infrastructure ServicesIBMLCLuca CarloniProfessor and Chair of Computer ScienceColumbia UniversityAHAndy HockVP of ProductCerebrasIDIsidoros DoxasAI Systems ArchitectNorthrop Grumman Mission Systems
- Moderator - Ian Cutress (More than Moore)
- Panelists from Academia, IBM, and Industry